Experienced representation for clients in Business Sales, Purchases, and Complex Transactions
Our mergers and acquisitions (M&A) team is recognized by local businesses and manufacturers as the go-to firm for M&A transactions. We routinely counsel clients in asset, stock, or merger transactions.
We partner closely with both large and small companies through the transaction process to develop a deep understanding of their core business goals, develop transaction strategies, assess tolerance for risk, and limit liability exposure. We offer personalized experience, and take pride in our ability to bring practical problem solving skills to the table to help clients navigate complex transactions.
We also partner with client’s other key advisors including their accounting/tax, insurance, and human resources advisors, so as to integrate all advisor disciplines.
- Represented client in acquisition of $86 Million insurance company.
- Represented a client in $22.6 Million Stock Sale, including negotiation of stock purchase agreement and seller financing documents and related guarantee/collateral agreements.
- Represented client in $10 Million sale of plastic packaging manufacturing company, including negotiation of APA.
- Represented client in $7.45 Million sale of recreational equipment manufacturing company.
- Represented client and Stakeholders in $6 Million sale of metal fabrication shop, including negotiation of APA.
- Represented client in $4.7 Million sale of manufacturing company.
- Represented client in $4.4 Million sale of manufacturing company.
- Represented client in $4.2 Million sale of veterinary practice, including negotiation of APA.
- Represented client in connection their $4 Million sale of manufacturing business, including negotiations of APA, and post-closing lease of commercial real estate and consulting agreements for owners.
- Represented client in $1.3 Million sale of plumbing company.
- Represented clients in $3.2 Million sale of manufacturing company.
- Represented client in negotiation of $750,000 stock purchase and stock redemption agreement for water treatment company.
- Represented clients in various industries, including the purchase/sale of a dental practice, motorcycle dealership, pizza franchise, floral shop, bakery, bars and restaurants, wedding venue, gas stations, IT solutions, and newspaper publication and advertising company.
Experienced representation for business mergers & acquisitions.
Most M&A transactions require a variety of legal specialties. Our team of Business, Real Estate, and Litigation attorneys are prepared to address all aspects of complex transactions, including experience in areas including: business law, real estate matters, employment law, tax planning, and estate and succession planning.
A client will place emphasis on the ‘economics’ of a transaction. We provide advice and guidance on the legal aspects, including the manner of payment (such as seller financing and earnouts). In addition, our team is experienced in addressing post-closing matters arising under an alleged breach of warranty or representation
Our Firm frequently advises clients in M&A issues including:
- Stock & Membership Purchases
- Asset Purchase Transactions
- Due Diligence
- Transaction Structure
- Representations & Warranties
- Indemnification Provisions
- Real Estate Sales and Leases
- Employee and Human Resources Matters
- Consulting Agreements
- Non-Compete & Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Assignments of Contracts
- Environmental Concerns
Personalized, responsive service
Our Firm was founded on personalized, responsive service, and maintaining this level of service remains one of our core values that sets us apart from other law firms. We prioritize every deal as if it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, because, for many clients, it is.
Big firm experience, local values
Located in West Bend, our firm represents a wide range of clients throughout southeast Wisconsin. We have over 85 years of experience partnering with local businesses to help them navigate complex transactions.
Contact us for a consultation on mergers & acquisitions or any other business legal matter at 262-334-3471 or [email protected].
Our Wisconsin M&A lawyers serve the greater Milwaukee area and Southeast Wisconsin from our West Bend law firm, including Washington County, Ozaukee County, Dodge County, Waukesha County, Milwaukee County, and Fond du Lac County, and communities of West Bend, Slinger, Hartford, Fond du Lac, Mequon, Brookfield, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Oconomowoc, & the surrounding communities.