Attorney James R. Danaher earned a B.A. in History and English from the University of Connecticut and a Juris Doctor Degree from Marquette University Law School. He entered private practice immediately after graduation and has been with Schloemer Law Firm since 2002.
James is one of two partners at Schloemer Law Firm. His practice areas include estate and succession planning, business matters, real estate, contract, compliance, and municipal law. He frequently represents clients in litigation matters, including jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, and mediations.
In addition, James serves as “outside counsel” to a number of local businesses and municipalities. James is the outside general counsel for Delta Defense, LLC, USCCA, Inc., USCCA Legal Defense Foundation, Inc., and the USCCA Legal Advisory Board. James also serves as the Assistant City Attorney for the Village of Slinger and the Village of Jackson and Town Attorney for the Village of Kewaskum, Village of Adell and Town of Scott.
James volunteers his time to numerous civic organizations, including the Kettle Moraine YMCA, WCFC Soccer Club, and the West Bend Community Foundation. James lives in West Bend with his wife, Anne Marie, and five children.
I strive to make issues that seem complex, overwhelming, or insurmountable more manageable for all of our clients, and to provide exceptional legal service that exceeds clients’ expectations.
Areas of Practice
- University of Connecticut, B.A. in History & English (1994)
- Marquette University Law School, J.D. (1999)
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Washington County Bar Association
- Kettle Moraine YMCA, Board of Directors
- West Bend Community Foundation, Board of Directors
- USCCA Legal Advisory Board
- West Bend Noon Kiwanis, Past President
- WCFC Soccer Club, Volunteer
- West Bend Sunrise Rotary, Member
- Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, Director